"Not sayin' I'm the best. . . but 'til they find somethin' better, I am here, no fear, write me a letter. . ." -3 Stacks
New Era (eFashion Solutions)

Sunday, November 15, 2009

Segment: Judge this shit for yourself


If you use any form of social networking, then you already know every nigga and they mama thinks they're a rapper and/or producer. . . you have undoubtedly gotten an e-mail, or tweet, or Facebook message, or MySpace message, or a message in a bottle, or a message from God, etc, saying 'listen to my new single, I promise I'm the next Tupac/Just Blaze'. . . if you're anything like me, these messages go ignored after the first few times, for a couple reasons: A. half the time when I get these messages, I am in a place in my own life where I don't really give a fuck that you're new single has a Mannie Fresh beat, I just wanna check my Twitter to make sure Hexmurda hasn't returned, and keep it movin'. . . you and your new mixtape are not a priority in MY life. B. 92.67% of the time, the shit is garbage. . . WHY DOES EVERYONE SWEAR THEY CAN RAP? Or make beats for that matter. . . I mean, shit, I CAN model. . . I can sit on my ass and let someone take photos of me. . . but does that make me a model? Fuck no. I'm SEVERAL sizes off that, like most of these internet MC's are about 4 levels of talent below 'Swag Surfing'. . . much less Tupac status. . . That being said, how are people going to know if they are any good or not if no one is listening to their shit and responding accordingly. . . In the maze of bad. . . and I do mean BAD. . . fuckin' awful. . . internet MC's and wannabe producers, we could be missing out on a few amazing talents. . . Thus, I bring you 'Judge this shit for yourself', the segment in which an 'artist' has a one shot deal at giving you a sample of what they've got to offer the world of hip hop, via a rap or a beat. . . there is an open forum for readers/listeners to comment on what they've heard. . . now, don't be a douche bag and just say 'this shit sucks'. . . say something thoughtful for Christs sake. . . I know most of you probably aren't even capable of forming a thought, much less typing one out, but. . . try? If you like the shit, say why. . . if you don't, say why. . . be a critic, not a fucktard. . . also. . . I am hitting them with three epic questions that will hopefully expose them as either wack niggas. . . or potentially talented and thoughtful individuals. . . let's see how this shit goes.

1 comment:

  1. this is actually a good idea...but i expect nothing less from you...me being an artist myself i try not too seem stuck up by ignoring those messages but i mean damn....every nigga want u to check out they shit. if i spent all my time checking that shit when would i have time to focus on myself?? i have to run across someone shit by accident or be put on by a friend to check shit out now. and damn every nigga wanna make a comparison about theyself which is why i compare myself to no one. im me. either u like me or you dont. life goes on

    ReplyDelete