"Not sayin' I'm the best. . . but 'til they find somethin' better, I am here, no fear, write me a letter. . ." -3 Stacks
New Era (eFashion Solutions)

Monday, November 23, 2009

Are you stalking me?: Consumer X


1. Who the fuck are you? (Alias, oldness factor, place I should avoid if I never want to see you, etc. . .)

Alex, 26, Bay Area. You don't need to know any more than that.

2. Describe hip hop in one word, then explain your word choice. . .

Hip-Hop is... Hip-Hop. You can describe the genre/culture by using the word itself. Hip-Hop is.

3. Favorite MC (current vs. all time)?

Current: Canibus, Immortal Tech
All time: Nas or Del

4. Why the fuck do I care? What qualifies your opinion on the subject?

Because I touch you in ways only you and I can speak about.

5. If you had to boil what hip hop truly is down to three albums, what would they be? Explain.

Paid in Full - The Illmatic before... Illmatic. Ra took it to another level lyrically, and Eric dropped the hot beats.

Illmatic - One of the most lyrically impressive albums, ever. A hungry young Nasir tore this album up, and Prem, Pete, Xtra P, plus others provided the backdrop for the amazing lyrics, and despite being different producers, they created a coherent sound for the album.

Endtroducing... - One of the foundations of the culture has always been sampling, and DJ Shadow creates an amazing album solely based off samples. One of my favorite albums to sit back and vibe to, especially in the winter and summer times.

6. You may not be Dave New York, but I still wanna know. . . How do you feel about radio hip hop?

It serves its purpose. I don't listen to the radio much, but I just see it as another outlet for an artist to spread their music.

7. In your opinion, are hip hop and rap the same? Are the words interchangeable? Why or why not?

Whenever I'm asked this, I quote the Teacha: "Rap is something you do, Hip-Hop is something you live." Hip-Hop encompasses rap, as well as graf, bboying, DJing, and other aspects. When talking deeply about the subject, I wouldn't say they're the same per se, as mentioned previously, Hip-Hop is the culture, and rap is something you do within the culture. However, when discussing the genre of music, I'd say "Hip-Hop" over the word "Rap." But in that sense, they are interchangeable.

8. Best producer in the game?

Prem or Stoupe

9. What's your guilty pleasure in terms of music? The stuff you wouldn't want ANYONE to catch you listening to.

None, I don't care what people know what I listen to. I gotta mix CD right now that has Nas, Hilary Duff, Canibus, and some other random stuff.

10. Do you like Jay-z? If so, for the love of god, explain why. . .

Yeah, I do. Despite accusations of "bigging up his brother" a little too much, Jay does have skill. Not even taking into account his business side/personal side... there's a reason there's a lot of Jay clones out there. Jay can rhyme his ass off. If you don't recognize he has skill, you're a hater. He's good at what he does.

11. Who is the one rapper out right now that you feel does not deserve the success they have? Why?

This is gonna sound cliché, but Weezy... he lucked out. Without the south explosion, I don't think he'd be as big as he is now. I always felt he was one of the weaker members of Cash Money... the events that transpired to his success was all based on the current environment, and luck.

12. Who is the one rapper out right now that deserves more success than they have currently? Why?

Bubba Sparxxx, especially when the south blew... Bubba dropped an underrated sophomore album, with some of Tim's best work, and it went unheard... Bubba then switched it up to be more appealing, when he shouldn't have had to do that.

13. "I'm tryin' to be one of the best, period. Not just one of the best with breasts and a period. . ." -Invincible . . . How do you feel about the fact that you are being interviewed by a girl that thinks she knows more about hip hop than you ever will?

It's quite a turn on... we should do like my man Diddy say... "play fight under covers"

Blogger commentary: For the record, this idiot has not touched me in ways only him and I can speak about. He hasn't touched me at all. He is a stalkery Hov loving weirdo. But his opinion still counts. . . sort of. . . That is all.

1 comment:

  1. LMAO @ you labeling this post "Ass-Hatism"
    Hilarious... and LOL @ dude saying "I got a mix right now w/ Nas, and Hilary Duff..." that's the iLL mix right there son. Hilary go har... yeah n/m

    I dig that you not ashamed of your music tho, they are your ears after all.

    ReplyDelete