"Not sayin' I'm the best. . . but 'til they find somethin' better, I am here, no fear, write me a letter. . ." -3 Stacks
New Era (eFashion Solutions)

Thursday, November 12, 2009

Why you love Jay-z. . . and I don't. . .


Something that myself and most hip hopists don't have in common is that, well, you like Hov. . . and I don't. I have had many an argument on many an occasion about Hov, why he is awesome, or in my opinion, an ass hat. . . etc. . . But I had a conversation with someone this evening that clarified my distaste for the artist formerly known as Jigga, and it went a little something like this: Me - Why do you love Jay-z again..? Them - Cause he is the greatest rapper alive. . . Me - Riiiiight. . . but, why? Them - Because he says he is the greatest rapper alive!

Fail. This seems to be the same conversation I have had with numerous people on numerous occasions. The conclusion I have come to is this: Jay-z is a walking logically fallacy. A tautology if you will. . .

Tautology: repetition of meaning, using dissimilar words to say the same thing twice, especially where the additional words fail to provide additional clarity and meaning.

"Jay-z is the greatest rapper alive because. . . Jay-z says he is the greatest rapper alive. . ." Oh, word? Well who the fuck died and made him Jesus? Alternately, since when did we start taking rappers at face value when they say that they are the greatest rapper alive? Jay-z isn't even the most popular rapper alive! And he CERTAINLY isn't the most talented rapper alive. . . so how the FUCK is he the best rapper alive? Is it because he ain't as disturbing looking/sounding as Lil Wayne? Or because he is better than Gucci Mane? (I didn't mean for that to rhyme, I swear) What is it about this ass hat that makes you believe him when he says that he is the best?

Winning the by default does not make you the best, it makes you the winner by default. . . the best is some other asshole that got disqualified, usually for a stupid reason. . .

It would be great if one person could tell me why they think Hov is the best rapper alive. . . I get that he's got the hottest chick in the game wearin' his chain. . . I get that he's got a million ways to get it. . . choose one. . . I get that he is big pimpin' baby. . . spendin' cheese. . . I also get how incredibly LAME all of those lines are, much like most of his flow (in my opinion). . . But, what is it you ACTUALLY like about him? I'm really not trying to tell anyone not to like Jay-z. . . really. . . just because I don't particularly care for him, doesn't mean you have to hate him. . . all I am saying is. . . can you have a reason for liking him. . ? Please? PLEASE?!

The only things I can gather that people might truly be feelin' with regards to this douche bag are these three things: 1. His, and undoubtedly your, belief that he is the greatest rapper of all time. 2. His cockiness. Maybe you like cocks. . . I'm just sayin'. 3. The fact that. . . he's not. . . bad. . . I mean, there are much worse. . . his accent is kind of annoying. . . but you know. . . whatever. . .

All I am saying is this: In my opinion, hip hop should not be a popularity contest. . . but if it's going to be a popularity contest, let it be based on one's popularity because they can bring some amazing shit to the table. . . or shit, cause they have cool face tattoos. . . whatever. . . but not because they talk about Louis Vuitton boat shoes and that makes you think they are cool because you have never held anything Louis Vuitton in your own bare hands, and you can only imagine what boat shoes are for. . . and CERTAINLY not because they tell you they are the most popular. . .

At this point, the only difference between you and I is this. . . Hov tells you he's the best, and you believe him. Hov tells me he is the best, and I don't. . . if you can tell me WHY you think he's the best. . . other than that he says that's the case, please do. Otherwise. . . shut up about it. . .

And yes, in case you were wondering. . . I can tell you exactly what I DON'T like about that ass hat. . . but I'm not going to. . . not until you tell me what you like about him FIRST! Ha! The burden of proof isn't on me anyway. . . ya'll are the one's running around screaming that he is the best rapper alive. . . I am simply disagreeing with it. . . That is all.

5 comments:

  1. Hov's a living legend and i tell u why, everybody wanna be hov and hov still alive!!...he still not better than nas tho lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. smh if people are using that to clarify lets tell em to jump off a cliff....they'll do it..we said it right?? they only followers...jay makes good records but he bores me..i cant sit thru a jay album....i liked bp3 bcuz that was the first jay album where i liked about 5 tracks. most people only like jayz bcuz he's a trend-setter/carrier.

    he threw wayne on american gangster....why becuz waynes the hottest shit at the time

    he threw drake on BP3...why?? drakes the popular artist right now

    thats called going with the trends and being into the people....instead creating ur own thing and having people into you

    ReplyDelete
  3. @gayz isz a str8 up faggut

    ReplyDelete
  4. but what popular rapper isn't?...the kikes will only let fagguts become popular within the rap world because they hate the music, they control who becomes popular and you have lil gayne, gay z, talib kwali, cucci boy, rick ross etc..

    ReplyDelete
  5. nasir lescobar is a lesbian seagull.

    ReplyDelete