"Not sayin' I'm the best. . . but 'til they find somethin' better, I am here, no fear, write me a letter. . ." -3 Stacks
New Era (eFashion Solutions)

Saturday, November 21, 2009

Judge this shit for yourself: Thelonious


Listen: http://usershare.net/2kx310cubqjs

1. What makes you different and/or better than some of the more popular producers (Swizz Beats, Kanye West, Madlib, etc) in the game right now?

I couldn't really put myself in the same box as a Timberland or Kanye, I'm only 17, but my ear is new and inventive. I've only been producing since May 2008, but I've already established my own style that is distinct and people can recognize it without my name being on the track. I modeled my style after 9th Wonder and I try to approach things with a certain ear and carefulness. I can't go about making music just because, I have to be inspired.

2. Why do you love hip hop?

I can't even sit here and be the stereotypical 'I love hip hop' person, but I just love music. My dad played jazz when I was little and it had a great effect on me, and slowly he let me listen to hip hop here and there and it slowly became infectious. The first song I learned all the words to was "All About The Benjamins", and I was born in '92.

3. Why should we/I give a fuck?

You (the people) should care because I'm doing what I love to its highest level and I'm growing as a person with every beat you hear from me. These are the daily trials and tribulations of a teen put into sound. I couldn't put any better. I just sit around and listen to old records, as if its new Lil Wayne to kids, chop'em up the way I want you to hear, and serve my stories on a silver platter.

Blogger commentary: if you want more info, hit this youngin' on Twitter: @Thelonious1up

1 comment:

  1. I really like this beat. I also liked the sincere humility in the beatmakers answers to your questions. I don't really have to much criticism for this beat. He did everything right, great use of the sample, good intro, I like the chops & the drums. I just wish that it had a little bit more dimension to it.

    I give it a 4 out of 5. Dope shit

    ReplyDelete