"Not sayin' I'm the best. . . but 'til they find somethin' better, I am here, no fear, write me a letter. . ." -3 Stacks
New Era (eFashion Solutions)

Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Judge this shit for yourself: Savant of RAREBREED


Listen: Savant of RAREBREED - 'Til Death Do Us Part

What makes you different and/or better than those rappers/MC's that are thought of as the best the game has to offer (Hov, Lil Wayne, 50 Cent, etc) right now?

What sets me apart from most of these people considered to be the 'best' is my lack of fluff. I make sure that every line I write counts for SOMEthing. That doesn't mean that every line is going to be deep or profound. It simply means that none of my words are used just for the sake of rhyme, I don't use filler lines that serve to simply get from point A to point B, and I don't put less effort into what I'm doing just because a song that I'm working on is supposed to be a single or is being backed by a banging beat.

Why do you love hip hop?

I love hip hop music because it's the only genre that I know of that legitimately incorporates elements of every other genre around it and because it's the only genre that is built solely on creativity. I'm a classically trained musician that has taken about 10 years of music theory training and the fact that there's no definitive music theory in hip hop is nothing short of miraculous to me. The participants MAKE the theory and rules as they go along. Some rules stick. Some rules thankfully don't. Either way, the rulebook is always changing as the participants and listeners change. Of course there are some drawbacks to that, but what other genre of music can lay claim to such a system? Hip hop is beauty that abounds from organized chaos.

Why should we/I give a fuck?

You should care about what I'm doing because I truly care about what I'm doing. While everyone else is claiming that they aren't a rapper, and for that matter SOUNDING like they aren't a rapper, damnit I'm laying claim to the title. I'm a f*cking rapper. Actually, you know what? F*ck that. I'm not a rapper. I'm an emcee. And yes, there IS a difference. Either way, I'm good at what I do.

Blogger commentary: if you want more info, hit this nigga on Twitter: @SavantRAREBREED

4 comments:

  1. Savant is dope, and the track is creative. +5 on your Around the Horn.

    ReplyDelete
  2. well said Savant, I like your head is at and how your music sounds :) !!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. no doubt an ILL emcee. passionate and determined. you know an emcee is promising when he talks and you feel as if he spit a 16 at you. good ish family.

    ReplyDelete